Contact usWe would love to hear from you! Please fill out this form and we will get back to you within 24 hours during business hours.
Installation Instructions for The Predator™ and Raptor™ Inline Gearheads
- Four (4) allen head cap screws for mounting motor to gearhead.
- This instruction sheet.
NOTE: bulk packaging available, call CGI for details.
- Visually check captive pinion gear to ensure that slots on pinion gear are parallel to slots on clamp collar and sleeve (fig 1).
- Gently tighten the two (2) screws on the clamp through the clamp collar access holes in the adapter plate (fig 2 and fig 3) to remove any loose clearance; Keep the distance of the gap at each end equal.
- Slide gearhead on to motor shaft.
- Lay the assembly on a flat surface and install the motor mounting screws; Tighten with allen wrench (see figure 4).
- Tighten the two (2) clamp collar screws evenly and firmly.
- IMPORTANT: Torque the two (2) screws on the clamp to the proper torque (see: Table A, Clamp Screw Torques).
- NOTE: Adapter is sealed to gearhead as provided. Application of Loctite 515 Gasket Sealer between mating motor face and adapter (and to the threaded access hole plugs) may provide additional sealing if required.
Predator™ Planetary Gearhead with Motor
Clamp Screw Torques
|UNIT SIZE||WRENCH SIZE||SCREW SIZE||SCREW TORQUE (NOM)|
|SIZE 23/60/75||9/64″||#8-32||28 LB. IN.|
|SIZE 34/90||3/16″||1/4-28||110 LB. IN.|
Customers will need a torque wrench with the proper size allen tip for tightening clamps.